Clinical Trial Sites across the country were chosen to address geographic, rural/urban, academic/non-academic, and racial/ethnic diversity, and to include a range of health care systems and models of care.
The 10 Clinical Trial Sites and regions they serve are:
- Essentia Health, Duluth, Minnesota (Midwest)
- Health Care Partners, El Segundo, California (West)
- Johns Hopkins Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland (Mid-Atlantic)
- Mount Sinai Health System, New York City, New York (Northeast)
- Partners HealthCare, Boston, Massachusetts (Northeast)
- Reliant Medical Group, Worcester, Massachusetts (Northeast)
- University of Iowa Health Alliance, Iowa City, Iowa (Midwest)
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center , Pittsburgh, PA (Mid-Atlantic)
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston Health, Galveston, Texas (Southwest)
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan (Midwest)
The 14 NIA-funded Claude D. Pepper Older Americans Independence Centers, which include the nation’s premier research programs in complex geriatric syndromes helped to develop the trial protocol and will participate in the study. Some Centers will be involved as trial sites, while others will be involved in data analysis and dissemination of the study’s findings.